If you need a little motivation today to keep working from home during coronavirus, you come to the right place.
I am a self-taught writer. That’s why staying at home the whole day during coronavirus isn’t a problem for me.
I can read, write, and sit in front of my computer the whole day without losing my motivation. I really enjoy that.
But I know, for a lot of people, working from home is a nightmare. Feeling bored, tired, lazy—you name it.
I’ve been there before, but I have a secret weapon to overcome those feelings. It’s inspirational quotes.
I come back to the quotes I’ve collected time and time again when I lose my motivation to keep working at home. I use quotes as a reminder that I love working and studying at home and the freedom it brings to me.
That’s the amazing thing about quotes; they can trigger something within us, make us think, and inspire us to take action.
Now I’ll share my secret weapon with you!
30 Motivational Quotes for Working From Home
1. Dream don’t work unless you do.—Anonymous
2. If you want it, work for it. It’s that simple.—Anonymous
3. Home is where I work, and I work everywhere.—Alfred Nobel
4. There is much more flexibility to work from home today.—Joshua Freeman
5. The key to success is to start before you are ready.—Marie Forleo
6. Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that is the one that is going to help you grow.—Caroline Myss
7. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.—Regina Brett
8. Do one thing every day that scares you.—Anonymous
9. All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.—Michael John Bobak
10. In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.—Peter F. Drucker
11. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.—Carol Burnett
12. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.—George Woodberry
13. The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.—Tim Ferriss
13. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.—Thomas Edison
14. Change is not a threat, it’s an opportunity. Survival is not the goal, transformative success is.—Seth Godin
15. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.—Maya Angelou
16. Appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it’s not where you want to be. Every season serves a purpose.—Anonymous
17. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.—Woodrow Wilson
18. That amazing high you get when you finish your work before nap time is over.—Anonymous
19. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.—Aristotle
20. Work until your idols become your rivals.—Anonymous
21. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.—Thomas Jefferson
21. Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.—Augusta F. Kantra
22. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.—Jim Rohn
23. Success isn’t owned. It’s leased, and rent is due every day.—J. J. Watt
24. You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.—Charles Buxton
25. If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.—Anonymous
26. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.—Steve Jobs
26. Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.—Leah LaBelle
27. If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.—Michael Jordan
28. Stay positive. Work hard. Make it happen.—Anonymous
29. The miracle is not that we do this work, but we are happy to do it.—Mother Teresa
If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.—Thomas Jefferson.
30. Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.—Meister Eckhart
Do You Feel Motivated Now (Even a Bit)?
My guess would be that you liked at least one.
We don’t know when COVID-19 stops spreading or when scientists and doctors discover an effective vaccine to defeat this virus. We can’t also be sure we won’t face any other disaster like coronavirus in the future.
But what we can be sure of is we need to train ourselves to work alone without losing our motivation, so we can adapt quickly no matter what happens.
So, pick (at least) one quote you love and repeat it out loud to yourself. Or even print and stick it to the wall, in front of your desk or wherever in your house.
Let it inspire you to accomplish something every day. Let it trigger action and get you’re going. No matter how small a thing it is.
Stay safe, and keep working (at home)!